- Hyde GUARDIAN® Technology
- Hyde Marine Academy
- Hyde Marine & Hyde GUARDIAN® BWTS Overview
- Ballasting Video
- Deballasting Video
- Case Study Video
- UV Disinfection Video
- Hyde Marine Regulations Webinar Video
- Ballast Water Filtration (High Flow) Video
- Hyde Marine Guide to Ballast Water Treatment Retrofits Webinar Video
- Hyde Marine BWTS Installations - Lessons Learned Webinar Video
As early as 1995, Hyde Marine became aware that the ballast water in ships was carrying thousands of species of aquatic animals and plants. These invasive organisms were creating problems for the marine environment and human health in and around the Great Lakes area, threatening the economies that depend on healthy aquatic ecosystems.
While transportation of ballast water cannot be stopped, the transfer of invasive aquatic organisms and pathogens can be minimized by deep-sea exchange or suitable treatment. Ballast water exchange can be costly, time consuming, and has been found to be limited in its effectiveness. Ballast water exchange may also result in increased hull stresses and stability problems.
In order to avoid issues presented with ballast water exchange, companies like Hyde Marine have developed ballast water treatments systems that rely on filtration and disinfection of ballast water to prevent the transfer of invasive organisms.